Companies need to devise strategies to manage the aging workforce.
Some of the key challenges are:
- How do we create a workplace that both attracts and allows the aging workforce to be productive?
- How do we retain older workers while ensuring that younger talent can be promoted and given increased responsibilities?
- How do we make sure every generation in the workplace contributes in the best way possible for the best performance of the company?
- How to be “age-blind” – a true meritocracy regarding employees on a performance-based system regardless of a person’s age?
- How do we ensure a “soft landing” for elder workers?
These are many of the key challenges related to the aging workforce that employers are facing today.