Partner / Lawyer
Huub practices in the areas of commercial and corporate law and specialises in:
- International corporate restructuring projects
- Joint ventures, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions
- (Re)financing transactions and insolvency law
Huub’s clients mostly consist of multinational companies headquartered in Europe and the United States.
Huub’s significant recent assignments include:
- Legal counsel to one of the world’s largest privately held companies regarding various worldwide restructuring projects, a/o in connection with a $4B acquisition from DuPont de Nemours.
- Lead and coordinating counsel for one of the world’s biggest steel manufacturers regarding a corporate restructuring involving fourteen countries in Europe, Africa, North and Latin America.
- Legal counsel to a leading Dutch retail organisation for the controlled auction and subsequent €374M sale to a private equity group of a number of retail subsidiaries in the Netherlands, together comprising over 1,000 store outlets.
- Lead counsel responsible for the implementation of a restructuring of a major U.S. computer manufacturer involving sixty countries in Europe, North and Latin America, Asia and Australia.
- Lead counsel to a major provider of imaging solutions with regard to the implementation of a pan European sales and distribution network.
- Implementation of European and U.S. transfer pricing structure for a major telecommunications group based in Scandinavia.
- Legal counsel to one of of the largest energy providers in Europe in respect of a restructuring involving various subsidiaries in Eastern Europe.
- Contracts for the construction, financing and tax effective exploitation of various superyachts, drilling rigs, cargo vessels and other commercial vessels.
- Contracts for the implementation of many cross border transfer pricing and tax effective supply chain management structures in five continents.
Huub Pleijsier joined HVG Law in 1994 and has been a partner since 2001. Between 1998 and 2001 he was seconded to Donahue & Partners LLP in New York and Chicago. During this tenure he was responsible for the overall legal implementation and coordination of many worldwide corporate restructuring projects.
Huub is a graduate of Leyden University, the Netherlands.