"Careful alignment of operational, human resources, tax and legal aspects is key to a succesful restructuring project."
Partner / Lawyer
Huub Pleijsier works for HVG Law since 1994 and is a partner since 2001. His clients mostly consist of multinational companies headquartered in Europe and the United States.
Huub practices in the areas of commercial and corporate law and specialises in:
- international corporate restructuring projects
- joint ventures, partnerships, mergers
- commercial contracts
- (re)financing transactions
- lead counsel for various multicountry operating model (supply chain) conversion projects for clients based in Europe and the United States
- legal counsel to one of the world’s largest privately held companies regarding various worldwide restructuring projects, a/o in connection with a $4B acquisition from DuPont de Nemours
- Lead and coordinating counsel for one of the world’s biggest steel manufacturers regarding a corporate restructuring involving fourteen countries in Europe, Africa, North and Latin America
- legal counsel to a leading Dutch retail organisation for the controlled auction and subsequent sale to a private equity group of a number of retail subsidiaries in the Netherlands, together comprising over 1,000 store outlets
- lead counsel responsible for the implementation of a restructuring of a major U.S. computer manufacturer involving sixty countries in Europe, North and Latin America, Asia and Australia
- lead counsel to a major provider of imaging solutions with regard to the implementation of a pan European sales and distribution network
- implementation of European and U.S. transfer pricing structure for a major telecommunications group based in Scandinavia
- legal counsel to one of the largest energy providers in Europe in respect of a restructuring involving various subsidiaries in Eastern Europe
- contracts for the construction, financing and tax effective exploitation of superyachts, drilling rigs, cargo vessels and other commercial vessels
- contracts for the implementation of global cross border transfer pricing and tax effective supply chain management structures
Huub is a graduate of Leyden University, the Netherlands. Before he joined HVG Law he worked for a large law firm in Boston and as a lawyer in the corporate law practice in The Hague and Amsterdam.
He was seconded for a four year period by HVG Law to Donahue & Partners LLP in New York and Chicago where he led a team of lawyers that was co-responsible for the legal implementation and overall coordination of many global restructuring projects.
Huub is a member of the International Bar Association. He completed the postdoctoral specialization course ‘Financing and Securities’ at the Grotius Academy cum laude.