"Piercing the deadlock."
Associate Partner / Lawyer
George Driessen qualified as a lawyer in 2007 and heads the firm’s Dispute Resolution practice.
George’s practice area covers the full range of corporate and commercial litigation and arbitration.
He represented individuals and companies across diverse industries as varied as Power & Energy, Private Equity, Oil & Gas, Construction, Logistics, Manufacturing and Retail.
George advises and represents managing directors, supervisory board directors, shareholders and creditors.
George specializes in:
- dispute prevention and risk management
- partnership and shareholder disputes
- joint venture disputes
- dispute related demergers and unbundling
- directors’ & officers’ liability
- pre- and post-M&A disputes
- commercial contract disputes
Recent cases include the following:
- Advising EY SaT as a binding adivisor in connection with a EUR 400M earn-out dispute between two media/broadcasting companies
- Together with EY Tax and GT Tax, the team currently represents the ‘Bond voor Belastingbetalers’ (Dutch Tax Payers Alliance) before the European Court of Human Rights in a collective claim issued on behalf of approximately fifteen thousand individual tax payers against the State of The Netherlands. Purpose of the claim is to obtain remedial action from the state in connection with a disproportionate tax measure applied over the years 2013-2016 (‘Box 3-rendementsheffing’).
- The team successfully represented a grid operator in injunction proceedings against a listed construction services company in connection with an EUR 18M post M&A-dispute
- Born in 1982, The Netherlands
- Master degrees in:
- Civil & Private Law
- European Law School
- Corporate & Financial Law
- Admitted to the bar in 2007
- Joined HVG Law in 2012
- Postgraduate ‘Business and Corporate Law’ at the Grotius Academy
- Frequent publications. Author for the Kluwer legal journal on civil litigation and a leading handbook on preliminary relief proceedings
- Member of the Dutch Association of Corporate Litigation
- Guest lecturer at Erasmus University, master program