Bianca van Tilburg works in the Pension and Financial Law practice group and forms part of FSO, the international financial service line of EY, which provides support in the broadest sense to financial institutions, including pension providers, banks, and insurers.
Bianca is very experienced in the following fields:
- The drawing up and implementation of compliance risk analyses, including the implementation of control measures, monitoring processes and the prioritisation thereof;
- Compliance issues: Bianca is the compliance officer for various financial institutions, including pension funds and premium pension institutions;
- The drawing up/review of systematic integrity risk analyses (SIRA) for financial institutions, as well as the implementation of control measures in policy and procedures, including procedures concerning client acceptance, compliance with sanctions legislation, the Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (Prevention) Act, etc.;
- Assistance with and drawing up of documents concerning risk appetite and risk attitude;
- Arranging consciousness-raising sessions concerning compliance;
- Governance issues;
- Assisting financial institutions during on-site inspections by supervisory authorities and assisting with communications with supervisory authorities following inquiries concerning inspections;
- Preparing policymakers of financial institutions for the suitability assessment of supervisory authorities;
- Due Diligence in the field of pension law;
- Conducting legal proceedings (under civil law and under administrative law) before the court and in arbitration;
- Foundation and discontinuation of financial institutions;
- Permit application processes for financial institutions;
- Future-proof issues for financial institutions.
Bianca graduated from the Erasmus University in Rotterdam with a master’s degree in Business Law in 2008. She worked for more than 9 years for Towers Perrin (currently Willis Towers Watson). In 2009, she switched to the legal profession and commenced employment with HVG Law in the Pension and Financial Law practice group. Bianca has been a Certified Compliance Professional (CCP) since 2016.
Bianca is a member of the Dutch Association for Women in institutional pensions (ViiP), where she is the coordinator of one of the sub-networks. Bianca regularly publishes articles in her subject area and is a frequent lecturer at both internal and external seminars.